Friday, December 21, 2007

Long Cool Woman



Before this evening, I was not too familiar with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals . I'd heard nothing but good reviews, and I tend to enjoy bands from Vermont. Still-this was my first taste of them. I must say that I was impressed. Can't really compare them to anyone-but they have a bluesy-rootsy feel to them that was very nice. It is also very cool to see a band fronted by a gorgeous woman who can truly wail. There are few things sexier than a girl who can play multiple instruments and also work her vocal chords. Her white boots seem to have a high approval rating among the male age 15-65 demographic..but those boots would be useless without that set of world class gams. Their set really got things going in the musical sense-but it's nice to let the guys have some eye candy for a change. Bernie Worrell put in some great work on the keys throughout the evening, and surely deserved the photo op with Ms. Potter. Really though-there are more reasons to see this band besides Grace's wardrobe. These guys are the real deal.

No comments: